how we do it

 

Here's how Lemon Tree Web Design websites are implemented:

 

By working with businesses in our target markets, we've built templates that provide the functionality those businesses need. That functionality is available right out of the box, with no additional programming required. For example, if you're a real estate agent, you'll need a template that allows for a listing of properties with prices, descriptions, exterior and interior photos, etc. But if you're an actor, you'll need a template that makes it easy to keep your professional resume updated and in industry- standard format. Each business has its own specific needs, and although some templates could be used by several businesses, they might be used in different ways. For example, the photo album template might be used by an actor to display his headshots or on-the-set candids, while a real estate agent might use that same photo album to display photos and testimonials from satisfied clients.
Bottom line: the cost of the functionality phase of the project is cut drastically--by as much as 90%.

 

 
The data phase is pretty straightforward: the client's data is uploaded so the templates can access it. Although we always upload some portion of the data (so that we can advise you of any deficiencies in the data itself), we ordinarily plan to have the customer upload the bulk of that data, which avoids the cost of having us do it for them. There are facilities built into the system that make that task simple and fast. We also provide a training session of 1-3 hours (depending on the type of website) where we show you how to upload the rest of your data, as well as how to make changes, additions and deletions. And because the templates have already been thoroughly tested, there's no need to expend the time and money to do so for every customer. As a result, you will see your website changes take place in "real time" and they are posted to the web immediately for viewing.
Bottom line: the cost of the data phase is reduced by as much as 50%, depending on how much of the data you wish to upload yourself.

 
The final phase, maintenance, is virtually eliminated from the project's cost because the system has been designed to allow you to perform your own maintenance. That includes adding photos, audio, video, new pages, catalog entries, etc. And because you're able to perform your own maintenance, it can be done on your timetable, without the worry of finding and paying an outside "webmaster" to accomplish that task. Best of all, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to keep your site up-to-date. It's been our experience that an individual who can handle email or type up a Word document can do 95% of the maintenance himself. The other 5%--which are mostly things that the client does so seldom,  he doesn't remember how to handle when he needs to--are easily handled by a phone call to us for help. Bottom line: the cost of the continuing maintenance phase is reduced by as much as 95% or more.

 

So that's how we do it. By reducing the up-front costs of developing the needed functionality for your business, and by providing a website that's easy for you to maintain, we reduce the outside costs of your website dramatically. And just because you don't see your particular business in the list, that doesn't mean we can't address your needs. It's just that the closer your business resembles one of our targeted categories, the more out-of-the-box functionality you'll have.